Monday 3 July 2017

Failure is nothing but SUCCESS delayed.


Dear Friends,


As I write this blog, there is an advertisement that is playing in back of my mind which says “Dirt is good” (on clothes.. used by popular detergent brand).

I feel it’s a master piece of mass communication which can be translated to the topic that I have chosen for my blog i.e. FAILURE IS GOOD.

“I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won’t light a bulb.” Edison once quipped.

Key take out learning from this is that one should fall forward and not backward i.e. Learn from the mistakes of others as well as your own.

I recall a statement from famous American writer, Comedian & TV star, Groucho Marx who once said    

 “ Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to make them all yourself”.

Avoid looking back for too long. Contemplation is good but failing forward is about beginning the next project, starting it very next day.

Focus on what you could have changed in failure phase. Experiment & keep doing it. Never give up. Every discovery or invention came on back of repeated so called failures.

Most importantly you need to look at what’s working and certainly NOT at what’s not working.  

Coming from aviation background as aviation is in my genes, I recall one learning which my father had once told me i.e. Pilots are taught not to focus on what’s not working in emergency situations BUT on systems that are functioning.
I don’t mean that by doing so pilots can avoid air crashes etc but this thinking would certainly help pilots develop “Never Give up" attitude.

I would be writing a complete blog on ATTITUDE shortly but successful entrepreneurs always look away from the problem and catalog all their resources which are in their favor and utilize it to overcome any problem or issues.

I would reinforce one key learning to budding entrepreneurs or management students, “Turn your wounds into wisdom”, Learn from failure and bounce back… NEVER GIVE UP.


Wishing all my readers a very happy entrepreneurial journey!!

#NeverGiveUp

Ciao!

Ritesh Mohan

No comments:

Post a Comment